What We Believe – Our Statement Of Faith
We believe in the essential truths of the historic orthodox (biblical) Christian faith.
These truths include:
- All men are sinners and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- Salvation from sin and death is the comforting free gift of God, given by grace through faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9) in Jesus Christ alone (John 14:6).
- The Bible is the final authority on faith and life — that it is a magnificent and unique document, it is truly inspired by God through human writers, and is without error in the original manuscripts (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- The Bible has answers for today’s problems that every man, woman, or child will benefit by getting to know Christ (Hebrews 13:8).
- Good works are a natural result of an authentic saving faith (2 Corinthians 9:8, James 2:26).
- Thus being a Christian leads you to be a blessing to society (Mark 12:31), to influence it (Matthew 5:13-16), to be enthusiastic(Romans 12:11), and to bring others the good news of the gospel (Matthew 28:19-20).
- The Christian faith is not mere blind faith but faith in evidence (Acts 1:3), which should be explained lovingly to others (1 Peter 3:15).